The black sheep of the coffee industry
We committed to direct trading in 2012, and since then have worked exclusively with 13 farms.
Supporting the people of the farming communities is as important as producing good coffee, and our long-term relationships enable us to partner in more ways than one.
• Purchased farming tools and alpaca for the local community
• Sponsored the construction of a new schoolhouse
• Built a women’s center for adult education
• Irrigation infrastructure planned for 2021
• Helped farmers create new revenue streams through the harvest of coffee by-products like coffee blossoms and cascara
• Worked with local authorities to distribute nutritional formula to infants and children in need
• Built the first school house with computers in Marcala
• Purchased new shoes for all of the children in the village (estimated 65 each year).
Cultivation. Innovation. Purpose.
As our journey continues, we want to thank you for helping make it all possible. Your support allows us to travel the world in search of coffee, friendship, and purpose.
As we continue to work with the same farms, year after year, we are able to guarantee mutual growth and a sustainable future for the farmers and their communities.
We hope you’ll join us on our journey.